Re: [EXIM] help with 'and' in condition

Author: Philip Hazel
To: James FitzGibbon
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] help with 'and' in condition
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, James FitzGibbon wrote:

> ${if and{
>    {match{$local_part}{^\\d+\$}}
>    {def:${lookup ldapauth {$local_part:control} {$value} fail}}

> But in both test_expand and verification through exim, I get the message
>
> Failed: unknown variable:

That error almost always means you have a $ that is not escaped when it
should be. Is this condition quoted inside double quotes or not?

Oh. Wait a minute. What's that def: doing there? def: must be followed
by a variable name. *That's* the empty variable it is complaining about.
I should improve the error message. (Makes note.)

You need to use ${if eq{something}{}{...}{...}} to test for an empty
string.