[EXIM] Multiple PTR records for a Reverse DNS lookup

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Multiple PTR records for a Reverse DNS lookup
I've got a vendor who sends me email, which is bounced because the forward
and reverse lookups for his outbound SMTP server don't match... However,
there are _three_ PTR records for his server's IP address (which is a
no-no), and two of them work, one of them doesn't. I've contacted them and
told them this needs to be corrected, but should Exim do anything
differently in this case? Or does it even get enough information back from
gethostbyaddr() to be able to do anything different?