Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeouts?

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeouts?
On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP data (header) from
> > smtp2.globalserve.net [209.90.128.7]
>
> > Is there *anything* I can do at my end to help this? I already have
> >
> > smtp_receive_timeout = 15m
>
> Unexpected disconnection is not a timeout (as seen by your host). It
> means the connection has been closed.

Understood. What is being told to me is that there may be something that
exim is sending (or not sending) that is causing this to happen.

Someone who is trying to help me fix this is suggesting the possibility
that exim may be too slow at performing some kind of lookup or
verification, and that the other side is timing out because of this delay.

Is there a level of debugging that will help me figure out the point in an
SMTP handshake at which the connection is broken? I've had debug set at 9
but there still isn't sufficient info to help me here.

Thanks.

- Evan