Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:34:27 PST, Pollywog wrote:

> There is my error. I had tried that but used the UID and GID (the numbers as
> in EXIM_USER=18).

That's not what was wrong. You can specify uid or username and you can
specify gid or groupname. The documentation doesn't say this
_explicitly_, but you'd have to be pretty dense not to figure it out
from the "Unless it consists entirely of digits". :-)

> Also, I thought they had to be capital letters.

_This_ was your mistake.

> I will, as you suggested, review the exim spec file.

This will be your salvation. ;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.