[EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pollywog
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID
I have a user 'exim' and a group 'exim' defined in /etc/passwd and /etc/group,
respectively. These correspond to EXIM_UID=18 and EXIM_GID=18

I entered those values in my exim/Local/Makefile and compiled Exim, but when I
start it with /etc/rc.d/init.d/mta it does not show on 'ps ax' at all and
nothing shows in exim's mainlog or paniclog.

If I then remove the GID and UID from the Makefile, and then compile (after
doing 'make makefile') everything goes well and I can start Exim.

Is it a serious deficiency if I am unable to give Exim a UID and GID? It is
running as root.root (as a daemon). I don't recall having this problem a few
versions ago.

thanks

--
Andrew