Re: [EXIM] More IRIX6.2 problems (or new and improved!)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew Inggs
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] More IRIX6.2 problems (or new and improved!)
I've got Exim 2.11 to compile, but I should warn you at the start that I
haven't got it to resolve the IP address of incoming connections
correctly. If anyone can help me with this please skip to MY PROBLEM at
the bottom.

DERRICK'S PROBLEM
=================

On 28 January 1999, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> So now what I have is this error:
>
> ld: FATAL 113: cannot link new 32-bit object without -n32: accept.o.
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
> What is happening here, and how do I fix it?

For cc you need CFLAGS and LFLAGS that define -n32 (see
OS/Makefile-IRIX6). You probably redefined them for gcc and forgot to
change them back (I used `CFLAGS=-O2' and `LFLAGS=' for gcc).

> and I noticed the build was falling over looking for a file called
> /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h
> The machine I am compiling on did not have that file, so I copied
> it off of a 6.4 machine. The build continues past this previous point
> of death, but I am not sure if it is related to th problem I am
> having now... Has anyone got exim 2.11 to compile under 6.2?

6.2 doesn't come with sys/sysctl.h! Philip's original post says:

    A comment that came with the code (which originated in a message
    from an SGI support person) was: "On 6.2 you need the libc patch to
    get the sysctl() stub and the networking kernel patch to get the
    support."

Ouch! The Right Way to fix this seems to be to comment out

    #define SYSCTL_IP_INTERFACES

in OS/os.h-IRIX6 (as suggested in the README). See src/host.c for the
gory details.

MY PROBLEM
==========

NOTE: I am using port 5027. I cannot use port 25 for the usual reasons
of not disturbing current mail handling.

I'm getting an incoming IP of 255.255.255.255 when a connection occurs.
I added my own code at line 1233 in src/daemon.c to print out some
debugging, and this is what it gives:

    Select/accept succeeded,
    len = 16,
    inet_ntoa(((struct sockaddr_in *)&accepted)->sin_addr) = 255.255.255.255

To me, this says that the `accepted' variable is corrupt. Perhaps
someone with more network programming experience could give me
suggestions as to how to debug this.

COMMENT: An interesting note is that, even with the sender_host_accept
specifying two machines (by name), I can send mail through Exim provided
the RCPT FROM address says the mail is from one of the machines in
sender_host_accept. Strange. I would have expected all connections to
be rejected on failure to lookup 255.255.255.255.

Andrew

--
Andrew M. Inggs
aminggs@???