Re: [EXIM] spam-sender_address

Author: Pollywog
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] spam-sender_address
My system filter has:

elif
"${lookup{${lc:$sender_address}}dbm{/local/mail/block/spam-sender_address.d
b}\
{spam}}" is spam then

    # blacklisted $sender_address
    #
    log "$tod_log $message_id SPAM-FROM: sender=$sender_address
subject=$header_subject: recipients_count=$recipients_count
recipients=$recipients"
    save /var/spool/mail/spam
##once done testing, this will be "seen finish" or save /dev/null##

my spam-sender_address looks like:

spammer2456@???
anotherspammer@???
yetanother@???
*@domain.com

Of course, I use dbm_build to change this file to .db format.
The problem is that although the first three soammers on the list will
have their mail go to the spam folder, the last entry and others like it
have no effect.

If I cannot do this, I will have to go back to using sender-reject, which
does accept this form of file. I would rather bounce these messages, but
I thought that was perhaps not the best thing to do since most spammers
forge the sender address.

thanks

--
Andrew