[EXIM] no immediate delivery

Author: Steve Rawlinson
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] no immediate delivery
I am getting this message in mainlog every so often:

    no immediate delivery: too many connections (19, max 0)

I havent set any smtp_accept_* options which is presumably why
smtp_accept_queue is reported as 0. My understanding was that without
smtp_accept_* set in the config file there were no limits applied.

>From the source it looks to me as if to get to the line that outputs that

line to the log in daemon.c the following must be true:

    local_queue_only == TRUE
    queue_only == 0

which i think means that local_queue_only is being set here:

    if (smtp_accept_queue > 0 && [other stuff])
        local_queue_only = TRUE;

but of course smtp_accept_queue is 0 so that cant be right.

What am I missing?

steve

--
Steve Rawlinson