Re: [EXIM] Deleting messages with bogus headers.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: mark
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Deleting messages with bogus headers.
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Mark Buckaway wrote:

> I have notification of a message freezing enabled and occationally
> get notified of a frozen message because of bogus headers.
> Particually, the To: line contains only "<>".

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean here. Exim doesn't ever freeze
a message just because of bogus headers. The headers_check_syntax check
happens during reception, and causes the message to be rejected if it
fails (and you have so configured it). A header line of

To: <>

should trigger rejection (or warning, as configured), but not freezing.
I have just tested this, and it works for me.

Freezing is something that can happen during message delivery. During
delivery, Exim isn't interested in the header lines at all.

Maybe you could post an example of such a message?

OR: are you talking about a delivery error message where the envelope
sender is <> ? That is the way SMTP messages indicate that they are
bounce messages. If Exim can't deliver such a message, it freezes it,
because there is no sender to return it to - that's the point of <>;
you don't want to allow a bounce message to generate a bounce.

> The system wide filter
> does not seem to catch these. I would prefer to configured Exim to
> either send this messages to my spam mailbox or to /dev/null instead
> of freezing the message.

You don't want your system filter to throw away bounce messages. Well,
not unconditionally!

If the problem is an undeliverable bounce message, check out
ignore_errmsg_errors and ignore_errmsg_errors_after.