Re: [EXIM] smtp_etrn_command and smtp_etrn_serialize

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: michael
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] smtp_etrn_command and smtp_etrn_serialize
On 21 Jan 1999 michael@??? wrote:

> I use smtp_etrn_command on the MX (incoming queue) host to start a small C
> program that connects to the outgoing queue systems and starts ETRN there.
> It looks like I need to disable smtp_etrn_serialize on the MX host,
> because I keep getting an error that says ETRN is still processed long
> after the C program has terminated.

You are absolutely right! I obviously forgot about etrn_serialize when I
added the functionality to run an arbitrary command.

> If that's correct, the manual should suggest to disable
> smtp_etrn_serialize if you use it for anything but starting exim -R.

Yes indeed. What a nasty gotcha. Sorry about that.

> The documentation for hosts_treat_as_local could possibly be improved
> by saying that the specified host will only be viewed as local for MX
> checks, but it will still be viewed as remote as far as directors/routers
> are concerned.

Well, the host *will* be treated as local in the routers - for example,
when it appears in an MX list, or if it's listed as a host in a
route_list for a domainlist router. OTOH, if the host's name is used as
a domain in an address, then it is treated as a remote domain unless it
appears in local_hosts. I can see that there is potential confusion here
between the name as a host name and the name as a domain in an address.
In many ways it is a pity that address domains share the same name space
as hosts. Anyway, I have made a note to insert some clarifying text in
the next edition.

> A hint to the transport option allow_localhost could be
> helpful, too.

Good idea.