[EXIM] smtp_etrn_command and smtp_etrn_serialize

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: michael
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] smtp_etrn_command and smtp_etrn_serialize
I use smtp_etrn_command on the MX (incoming queue) host to start a small C
program that connects to the outgoing queue systems and starts ETRN there.
It looks like I need to disable smtp_etrn_serialize on the MX host,
because I keep getting an error that says ETRN is still processed long
after the C program has terminated.

If that's correct, the manual should suggest to disable
smtp_etrn_serialize if you use it for anything but starting exim -R.

The documentation for hosts_treat_as_local could possibly be improved
by saying that the specified host will only be viewed as local for MX
checks, but it will still be viewed as remote as far as directors/routers
are concerned. A hint to the transport option allow_localhost could be
helpful, too.

Both options are needed in a setup with different hosts for incoming and
outgoing mails if the resulting system is used as backup MX.

Michael