著者: Philip Hazel
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: Jason Tang, exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] [Fwd: Argh! SOS]
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Jason Tang wrote:
>
> [ I assume you wrote this, even though it already had quote markers in
> front ]
>
> > > I seem to have a problem..
> > >
> > > With exim configured with;
> > >     sender_host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1
> > >     sender_host_reject_relay = *
> > > which I assume would only allow localhosts to deliver through exim..

> No. It only allows the localhost to _relay_ though Exim. Other machines
> can connect and send mail provided they are sending to a local domain.

No. It allows *no* host to relay through Exim because "reject" is an
exception list for "accept", not vice versa. The exception list for
"reject" is called "reject_except". The manual says

    When at least one of the host or net relay options (other than the
    'except' pair) is set, the address is accepted only if
    sender_host_accept_relay and sender_net_accept_relay are both null or if
    the host matches one of their patterns, and if the host does not match any
    pattern in sender_host_reject_relay or sender_net_reject_relay, unless it
    also matches a pattern in sender_host_reject_relay_except or
    sender_net_reject_relay_except.