Re: [EXIM] [Fwd: Argh! SOS]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Jason Tang
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] [Fwd: Argh! SOS]
Jason Tang wrote:

[ I assume you wrote this, even though it already had quote markers in
front ]

> > I seem to have a problem..
> >
> > With exim configured with;
> >     sender_host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1
> >     sender_host_reject_relay = *
> > which I assume would only allow localhosts to deliver through exim..

No. It only allows the localhost to _relay_ though Exim. Other machines
can connect and send mail provided they are sending to a local domain.

> > then I use fetchmail to go collect the email from POP3 and deliver
> > locally, instead of getting the messages I get automated messages from
> > my isp saying;
> >
> > Demon Internet currently offers two ways of accessing email.

Why are you using POP3, out of interest? I much prefer using SMTP, since
Demon provide it.

> > Now I don't know where those messages are.

They've gone. Bounced back to their senders. oops.

> > My guess is that my isp's MTA
> > assumed I received them and cleared them from their queue.

No, your host sent a 5xx rejection, judging by the logs below, so it
(Demon's punt) returned them to their senders.

> > I want to use fetchmail to collect my mail and only
> > have exim there to stop their MTA trying to deliver.

If you don't want their MTA to deliver, why are you running an smtp server
at all? If Demon find no-one's listening on port 25 they'll go away again.

Alternatively, use sender_host_reject = 194.217.242.0/24 (not
sender_host_reject_relay) to reject connections from Demon's mail block
with a 554 code. (or something which would have the same effect as a
554.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@???