[EXIM] ETRN, -R and one_time...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dean Brooks
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] ETRN, -R and one_time...
Hi,

We're using Exim's -R command line switch to force processing of
specific domains at various times (such as when a particular site
becomes "pingable").

Everything works fine and dandy (using Exim 2.05 on Solaris2.5.1).

Well, everything except one thing. If email has been deferred to a
member on a local mailing list (implemented through forwardfiles), and
one of our ETRN clients is on this mailing list, the -R wont "flush"
the mailing list message for that client.

>From reading the docs, it appears that the "one_time" option will cure

this, as it will store the processed receipient in the retry files
instead of the top-level address.

However, if I set one_time on our forwardfile director, it kills all
piping and file storage. Further, if we have customers with
legitimate ".forward" files in their home directory that redirect to
one of our ETRN clients, the -R still wont work without "one_time".
Turning on one_time, though, will kill piping and file storage again.

Is there anyway to have the benefits of one_time without the downside
of eliminating piping?

Or, is there a better way to do this?

--                    Regards, Dean
Dean A. Brooks
IgLou Internet Services            Voice: (502) 966-3848
Louisville, Kentucky USA               (800) 436-4456