Re: [EXIM] fetchmail + rbl?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] fetchmail + rbl?
Marc Haber wrote:

> >but on an ugliness scale
> >of 0 to 10, that would rate about 13.
>
> Why? I find that approach elegant and the only way to do it.

Well, for starters, the format of the received headers could change,
though a well written script wouldn't have a problem. (But what if
some software happened to have a version string looking like an IP
address? Ignoring text in parentheses wouldn't be too good, since Exim
(to name just one MTA) puts the IP address inside parentheses. Insisting
the IP address be inside [brackets] wouldn't work with some other MTAs,
etc.) Also, it won't be as good as doing it at the smtp stage directly,
since you'll have downloaded the message already.

I suppose if your ISP doesn't intend changing MTA, and none of the above
are a problem, I suppose it wouldn't be that bad.

I don't get a huge amount of U[BC]E though, I suppose if you get a lot
more you might gain more from it.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@???