percent hack Re: [EXIM] New spammer relay trick

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Exim users mailing list
Temas antiguos: Re: [EXIM] New spammer relay trick
Asunto: percent hack Re: [EXIM] New spammer relay trick

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Marc Haber wrote:
> >can't find any documentation as to whether Exim supports the "%" form of
> >addressing.
>
> grep the docs for "percent hack". That should help.

We, PSINet UK, did have percent_hack turned on originally because we had some
customers whose mail systems used this in place of smart-hosting.

As as we were able to, they were moved to an alternative service and the
feature turned off, since the percent hack kills any chance of controlling
junk mail.

Our policy is not to permit it if at all possible and any customers who relied
on it couldn't expect it to be supported!

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet