Re: [EXIM] mail with bang paths

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] mail with bang paths
On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:09:15 -0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>On 10-Jan-99 Marc Haber wrote:
>I fixed my system filter and it put this mail in /var/spool/mail/spam
>
>>From marvel.ru!fiberia.com!kudos34@??? Sat Jan 09 21:40:54 1999
>        by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-4.7.2)
>        for pollywog@??? (single-drop); Wed, 06 Jan 1999
>17:00
>:47 +0000 (UTC)

Still, it is not clear how your setup is like. mercury.he.net does
maintain a POP3 dropbox where you get your mail via fetchmail? Is
lilypad.shadypond.com the same box like pollywog.sunset.net?

I don't know what kind of headers fetchmail is generating.

>I think I see the problem. Exim could not deal with it properly because I
>was offline and it was picked up by fetchmail and then delivered to Exim.

Are you treating mercury.he.net as a local domain? How do you handle
mails to somebody@???? In the case that you only handle
your own addresses locally and send everything else back to mercury,
exim's behavior is correct since you probably don't have a user named
marvel.ru!fiberia.com!kudos34 on your system.

I think the real problem is somewhere else, handling different
addresses in a single domain differently. This is error prone as has
been proven here. Here is how I handle things on my system:

I have my exim configured to only handle mail for a non-existent
fantasy domain (gf1.internal). Everything else is handed off to the
smarthost for handling.

Everything that comes in with an address that should be handled
locally is being rewritten to an address in gf1.internal; everything
that goes out with an address in gf1.internal is being rewritten to
that user's real mail address.

Here is an excerpt from my rewriting configuration:
|mh@???                 Marc.Haber@??? F
|root@???               Marc.Haber@??? F
|postmaster@???         Marc.Haber@??? F
|
|Marc.Haber@???               mh@??? T
|Marc.Haber-usenet@???        mh@??? T
|Marc.Haber-lists@???         mh@??? T

So far, this has been working without a glitch. I would appreciate
comments.

Greetings
Marc