Re: [EXIM] Rewrite rules with DBM files

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robert Franklin
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: EXIM users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewrite rules with DBM files
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:35:01 +0000 (BST) Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Robert Franklin wrote:
>
> > If I did an 'exim -brw bob@???', it didn't match the entry
> > 'bob@???' entry in the synonym file.
>
> Hmm. If you include a rewrite rule of, say
>
> x@???    ...something...

> then Exim will match it for bob@???, but when it is expanding the
> ...something... it will set $domain to "MINCE.NET" rather than
> "mince.net".

Ah right... sorry. It didn't match when the MINCE.NET was looked up in a
DBM file. (It matches lsearches and literals OK.) I thought you meant
that $domain was lower cased (which it shouldn't be, as you explained).

I'm now doing lowercasing the thing I'm looking up in a DBM file. That
seems OK (and doesn't have the problem which I had lowercasing everything
(and violating the RFC)).

I think I'm sorted now, thanks...

- Bob

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   R.C.Franklin@???
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/