Re: [EXIM] RBL and <>

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Georg Bauer, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] RBL and <>
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Actually, there is one exception to this. The RFCs do more or less say
> somewhere that any host that is running an MTA should accept mail to
> "postmaster". However, I have found several sites that do not honour
> this.

Another interesting point from the new draft:

Any system that includes an SMTP server supporting mail relaying or
delivery MUST support the reserved mailbox "postmaster" as a
case-insensitive local name. This postmaster address is not strictly
necessary if the server always returns 554 on connection opening (as
described in section 3.1).

I'm not sure what type of mail server responds with a 554 instead of a 220
when you open a connection to it though. The only scenario I can think of
is someone who has put together a 'nullclient' config file (Sendmail term,
pretty must just a smartuser that forwards everything to a new host) but
is still for some reason running Exim in daemon mode.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610