[EXIM] Mail loop on autoreply

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Patrick Boutilier
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Mail loop on autoreply
I have a user that is setup to have an autoreply message sent out to
every piece of email that is sent ot the account. Yesterday this person
was using Netscape Mail to send out a response to one of the emails
received. Usually this person uses Pine for mail but decided to use
Netscape on this occasion. This was the first time Netscape Mail was
used since the autoreply feature was implemented. Anyhow, Netscape was
setup to mail a copy of any sent mail to Self. Well this caused a mail
loop for 45 minutes until the user called and reported all these Re:
messages in the Inbox :-)

I added except_senders = ${local_part}@$domain to my director to
hopefully avoid this type of mistake again. Does anybody see a better
way to do this? I am using Exim 2.10 on AIX 4.1.5. Also I can not get
the following to work with smartuser, only localuser. Thanks.

# Autoreply

auto_reply:
driver = autoreply
from = $local_part@$domain
to = $sender_address
subject = "Re: $h_subject"
file = ${home}/.autoresponse
file_expand
user = $local_part
return_message

# Director for Auto Reply
auto_director:
driver = localuser
require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.autoresponse
transport = auto_reply
except_senders = ${local_part}@$domain
condition = ${if eq{$sender_address}{}{no}{yes}}
unseen