[EXIM] Rewrite rules with DBM files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Franklin
A: EXIM users
Asunto: [EXIM] Rewrite rules with DBM files
Hi,

Bit newbie, so apologies for that...

I got caught out by moving from lsearch lookups to dbm lookups with the
case-sensitive nature of DBM files. I've sorted it now, but wonder if
there is a missing option I should be using to make things easier?

First up, if I feed in BOB@??? as an address, it won't match
bob@??? in a DBM file, so I have a rule thus:

  *@*         ${lc:$local_part}@${lc:$domain}

Is there a better way to do this?

Second, it says in the docs that Exim lower-cases the key field of a file
when you use exim_dbmbuild, but NOT the value field (which make sense),
so this caught me out with:

  [synonyms]    mince@???        -> R.C.Franklin@???
  [names]       R.C.Franklin@??? -> Robert Franklin

(With Eh and w rewrite rules. The key for the second rule was
lower-cased and so didn't match R.C.Franklin@??? due to case
sensitivity.)

Is there a reason why Exim shouldn't lower-case the key being looked up
when doing a DBM lookup (since the keys will always be in lower case,
anyway)? Or is it a speed thing?

Of course, I'm now building my files with lower-case strings. ;)

- Bob

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   R.C.Franklin@???
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/