Re: [EXIM] RBL and <>

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Georg Bauer
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] RBL and <>
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Georg Bauer wrote:

> Actually as I am interpreting the RFCs, it is totally legal to reject
> _any_ message - as long as you give a sufficient reason code. You could
> actually create a MTA that only throws out 550s or something like this, if
> that is what you want.

Absolutely. The RFCs are mainly about technical matters. Nobody can
force you to accept any messages if you don't choose to. Of course, if
you start advertising mail addresses that don't work, people will get
annoyed with you, but resolving that kind of issue isn't within the
scope of the RFCs.

Actually, there is one exception to this. The RFCs do more or less say
somewhere that any host that is running an MTA should accept mail to
"postmaster". However, I have found several sites that do not honour
this.