Re: [EXIM] Compiling Exim 2.10 on HP UX 10.20

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: V. T. Mueller
To: Ray Vermey
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Compiling Exim 2.10 on HP UX 10.20
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Ray Vermey wrote:
> Hi
> I am ready to install Exim on our company ;-)
> However that is an HP machine and i don't have gcc there. So i put CC=cc
> in the Local/Makefile.
> When i run make i get this:
>         cc -O  -o buildconfig buildconfig.c
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C pro
> duct; ignored.
> (Bundled) cc: "buildconfig.c", line 54: error 1705: Function prototypes are an A
> NSI feature.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.

> What am i going to do about this ? I am no C wizard so i'll need your help
> a bit guys.

Hello Ray,

the compiler you have is called the "braindead C-compiler" because it
can't compile anything beside a kernel. You either have to get a copy of
gcc from the HPUX Software Porting Archives (forget about compiling it
with bdcc) or to buy the ANSI cc from HP.

Alternatively someone could send you the exim binaries. PI didn't compile
2.1 yet but if you need a binary I could set this to the top of my todo
list :)

hth,
Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)