Re: [EXIM] rewrite question: why does this way work and this…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] rewrite question: why does this way work and this way not:
Quoth Britton on Mon, Dec 28, 1998:
> In both cases, /etc/email-addresses looks like this
>
> gandalf:fsblk@???
>
> This /etc/exim.conf causes my emails to have from fields rewritten as
> From: fsblk@??? as desired:
>
> *@*    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
>                                         {$value}fail} bcfrF

> This method causes From: addresses to be gandalf@???
> (gandalf is my usrname on my home machine, 'cause I wish I was a wizard):
>
> *@aurora.alaska.edu    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
>                                         {$value}fail} bcfrF

> the distinction being that the host is spelled out explicity in the later
> (unworking) version. Sorry if this question is too boneheaded, but does
> anyone see what is going on here?

As far as I can see from your description, both of them should
work correctly. Try to run exim -brw (possibly with -d9 flag)
and give us the output. But using the first rule is a really
bad idea, because mail sent to you from gandalf@??? will
get rewritten as fsblk@???...

> Some things in the first section of my
> /etc/exim.con now look slightly suspicious, it is included below:

You've got it from Debian...

> # on this moments review this looks bogus, but shouldn't matter
> qualify_domain = aurora.uaf.edu

Why? This means that if you give this message to the local
/usr/lib/sendmail from your MUA which doesn't specify the domain
name, you will get your address as gandalf@???. What
is your domain, aurora.uaf.edu or aurora.alaska.edu?

> smarthost:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = "* aurora.uaf.edu bydns_a"

Looks good. Seems like your machine uses aurora.uaf.edu to send
any mail further, right? Or is aurora _your_ machine? I don't
really get it.

> GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."

Microsoft Corporation: Hahaha. Very funny.

Vadik.

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a