Re: [EXIM] Newbie / uucp / director question

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Newbie / uucp / director question
Quoth Ross Keatinge on Sat, Dec 26, 1998:
> Hi all, seasons greetings from New Zealand

Happy Hanuka (heheh).

> My thoughts are to have email addresses such as:
> user1.island1@???
> user2.island1@???
> user1.island2@???
> etc
>
> Rather than:
> user1@???
> kind of thing.
>
> I figure that this means I only have to play with one domain and
> avoids me needing to maintain my own dns.

About DNS: it depends. I'm no DNS guru, but it is possible to
set up DNS so the MX record from [whatever].mydomain.com would
point to mail.mydomain.com (or whatever your machine is called).

> I haven't been able to figure out what is the best way to get Exim to
> deliver to a different file or pipe command based on the part of the
> local address after the dot.

You can implement this using the "suffix" option. Or, you can
use some complicated rule (maybe in perl (only available in exim
>=2.10)) as the value of the "file" option to the appendfile

transport. But I would rather use the user@???
kind of thing. Yet another possibility is address rewriting.

> Any suggestions on this or the overall
> way I am doing it would be appreciated.

Suggestions? Forget about sleep.

Yes, and if you have a nice island in the Pacific Ocean for me,
I'll gladly help you to set this particular subdomain up.

Vadik.

--
To err is human, to moo bovine.