Re: Feeping Creaturism (was Re: [EXIM] syslog?)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: Feeping Creaturism (was Re: [EXIM] syslog?)
Quoth Julian on Sat, Dec 26, 1998:
> This entire discussion is taking on far more of a life than I intended
> it to! However, if you are generating 1/2Kb command lines then perhaps
> you should consider doing it in vi, like all sane people?

First, I'm not sane. Second, I usually put a local README file
somewhere in a source directory of a program which has all the
options inside.

> Also the idea
> is that you only have to do it once per configuration - and then copy the
> config command to whichever machine you wish to configure/compile the new
> exim on..

The configs are different on different machines.

> However there is nothing to say that you can't edit the
> makefile after configuring anyway... *shrug*

I can, and I do it with GNU-configuring packages. Because the
Makefiles configure outputs often have some weird problems.

> This was all meant to be a conveniance thing!

Oops.

Vadik.

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a