Re: [EXIM] sender_reject_recipients v sender_reject

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] sender_reject_recipients v sender_reject
On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Pollywog <pollywog@???> probably said:
> > Would someone please explain the difference between sender_reject and
> > sender_reject_recipients?
>
> It differs at the point in the SMTP dialog where the message is rejected.
>
> sender_reject rejects when the sender is given, IIRC, whereas
> sender_reject_recipients gives rejections to each of the rcpt to: lines
> when those are given.
>
> Some (broken) MTAs ignore the former and keep trying, whereas they may
> take notice of the latter.

Also, because sender_reject_recipients comes later in the SMTP dialogue
it is possible to set an option that allows some addressed to always be
reachable, like postmaster and abuse. I want blocked senders, nets, and
hosts to be able to write to postmaster or abuse to plead their case.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814