Re: [EXIM] security audit

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] security audit
"Mark Seuffert (Pirates)" <captain@???> probably said:
> a friend told me that Exim being the only MTA without a security audit.

Untrue.
There are hundreds of MTAs, for a start, and many of which you can't even
get at the source to think about auditing.

Sendmail continues to produce exploits, no matter how hard people look
at the code.

> I don't know what "security audit" means or if it makes any relevant
> statement about security.

It usually means going through the source with a fine tooth comb.

> I'm curious, anyone can tell more about this?

Read the security section in the specification.
Read a good book on programming secure code.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???