Re: [EXIM] large queue question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Rob Lingelbach
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] large queue question
On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> A site for which I provide secondary MX is down for about 2 weeks.

> 1) Is there a way to run the queue for that destination separately

No, because there is no "queue for that destination". There is just one
pool of waiting messages, each of which, in principle, may have several
destinations.

Nigel's solution (or similar) is the best approach in this situation -
siphon off the messages somewhere on their own. When we had this happen
to one of our systems recently we were able to put into service a spare
machine and route all the mail to it, so its mail queue had only the
mail for the down system waiting on it. It wasn't doing anything else,
so the occasional queue runs didn't matter.

> 2) I'll be on vacation when the other site comes back up next week.
> How will exim handle the delivery of 5000 messages in 30MB to one
> host, down my 128k connection? I know some people handle queues this
> big routinely, but I don't, and my connection isn't very fast. I'm
> wondering if I should adjust deliver_load_max; queue_run_max is at
> default of 5.

Are you running with Exim 2.10 or an earlier release? Releases earlier
than 2.054 had an infelicity (OK, a bug) which meant that rather more
delivery processes were created than should have been in this situation.
You might consider setting batch_max in the smtp transport to something
small, which will help with this.