[EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] How to only use a smart host for "good" addresses?
Hi!

I have exim configured to send all mail through a smart host since
that machine is behind a dial-up line and I am concerned about the
mail being delivered at maximum line speed instead of waiting for a
mail server in west siberia to accept the connection.

However, when somebody mistypes an address that yields a known bad
address like "localpart@???", this mail is delivered to
the smart host too. This causes bounces not to go to me as postmaster
of the exim machine, but to our ISP's postmaster.

Is there any way to have the router

|smarthost:
|        driver = domainlist
|        transport = remote_smtp
|        host_find_failed = freeze
|        route_list = "* SMARTHOST bydns_a"

check DNS for the domain first and pass the mail to SMARTHOST only if
the address has been deemed deliverable by the DNS lookup?

Any hints will be appreciated

Greetings
Marc