Re: [EXIM] Rewrite rules

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Steve Sargent
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewrite rules
On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Steve Sargent wrote:

> I want to look the domain up in a file of domain names and use the returned
> value as a part of the file name for the second lookup.
>
> The rewrite rule is:-
>
> *@lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/rewrite_domains \
>      ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/tables/$value-aliases}\
>                         {$value}fail}@???  Ffrs

This doesn't make sense. The variable $value is the result of a lookup.
Therefore, you cannot make use of it as part of the name of the file in
which you are going to look it up. Surely what you want is

*@lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/rewrite_domains \
     ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/tables/$domain-aliases}\
                        {$value}fail}@???  Ffrs

> rewrite_domains contains:-
>
> qmwcc8.qmw.ac.uk:compserv
>
> compserv-aliases contains:-
>
> cgaa392:B.Harding

Oh, I see, it isn't as simple as that. Well, in that case, you have to
replace $domain above with

${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/tables/rewrite_domains}{$value}}

This will be quite efficient, since Exim caches lookups.