著者: Philip Hazel
To: Warren Vanichuk
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Does exim honour flock()?
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> a) Does exim use the maillock() facilities as outlined in maillock(3X) ?

No. Maillock seems to be a system V thing, as I can't see it on FreeBSD
or Linux, but there is a man page on Solaris 2.5.

The way Exim locks files for delivery is described in section 16.2 of
the manual (for release 2.10 - the section number was different in
previous edition, but the details have not changed, apart from the
addition of MBX locking). I have just looked at the man page for

> b) Does exim honour advisor flock()'s? If so, how does Exim handle a failed
> deliver attempt to a flock()'d file? Bounce, or requeue? :)

Any failure to lock causes a defer (i.e. requeue).