Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Scot Elliott
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure
On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Scot Elliott wrote:

> The problem came to light when I started playing more. When it runs the
> list, and one connection gets started, exim seems to fork for each new
> recipient in the list, and that child process dies with either a fork
> error (it crashed the machine yesterday ;) -- or with a "too may
> connections to host already" type error. This makes for a very busy
> machine - trying to fork 140'000 processes in rappid succession isn't
> pretty.

Hmm. This is *one* message, right? And you had max_parallel set to some
reasonably small number? And all the addresses are going to the same
smarthost - is that right?

I think you had better send me (not the list) a copy of the -d9 output
for such a delivery so that I can see if there is anything I can spot in
it.

> Anyway - setting batch_max in the smtp transport did not help. The only
> way I could stop this from happening was to set the global max_parallel
> option to 1 - quite a shame.
>
> It still could be me missing something obvious (it usually is)...

Obviously I'm missing something too...

Philip