Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Scot Elliott
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure
Hi.

Thanks for the hints. I ran exim in debug mode, an everything seemed to
have been directed and routed through to the special SMTP transport I
setup for this.

The problem came to light when I started playing more. When it runs the
list, and one connection gets started, exim seems to fork for each new
recipient in the list, and that child process dies with either a fork
error (it crashed the machine yesterday ;) -- or with a "too may
connections to host already" type error. This makes for a very busy
machine - trying to fork 140'000 processes in rappid succession isn't
pretty.

Anyway - setting batch_max in the smtp transport did not help. The only
way I could stop this from happening was to set the global max_parallel
option to 1 - quite a shame.

It still could be me missing something obvious (it usually is)...

Thanks.

Scot.