[EXIM] keeping postmaster reachable even with misconfigured …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] keeping postmaster reachable even with misconfigured mail system
Hi!

Rules mandate that postmaster must be reachable at all times. To
adhere to this rule, I'd like to sort out postmaster's mail at the
point of earliest convenience, thus bypassing the error possibilities
of alias file and forward processing. This site has only a single mail
server, so postmaster is always local.

I have thought of adding a smartuser director as very first director:

*director*
postmaster:
driver = smartuser
transport = local_delivery
local_parts = postmaster

*transport*
local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}
create_directory = false
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
file_must_exist = true
group = mail
mode = 0600
return_path_add

This should force postmaster mail to be delivered to
/var/spool/mail/postmaster unconditionally, right?

OTOH, this is not what one usually wants since postmaster usually is
an alias to a different address. Can I change local_part in the
director?

I know this setup would only work in a single-host, single-postmaster
environment, but that's fine with me.

Or is this idea a particularly stupid one? Please flame at will.

Greetings
Marc