Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Scot Elliott
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Scot Elliott wrote:

> I'm sending it as one message to an alias...
>
> It does deliver quite a few messages per queue pass, but the rest get
> deferred because of the fork error.

So you are saying there are other messages on your queue? Not just the
one? It is possible that this is an infelicity which has been fixed in
the forthcoming 2.10 release. If there are lots of messages all waiting
around for the same host, then when a queue run happens, it spawns more
processes than it ought to, because it creates new processes to send
other messages down the same channel, but the queue runner doesn't wait
for them as it should.

The temporary workaround is to set batch_max = 1 or maybe 2 or 3 in the
smtp transport.

> I'd expect it not to try and do 5 parallel deliveries because of the
> serialize_hosts option on this domain on the transport it uses.

Hmm. That should prevent the effect too. But serialize_hosts should be
set to the host, not the (mail) domain. Have you tried running a
delivery with debugging turned on to see what it says?

exim -d9 -M <message id>