著者: Scot Elliott
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure
I'm sending it as one message to an alias...

lists:
        driver = forwardfile
        domains = lists.london.virgin.net
        no_more
        require_files = /data/exim/lists/${local_part}
        senders = lsearch;/data/exim/lists/senders-${local_part}
        file = /data/exim/lists/${local_part}
        no_check_local_user
        forbid_pipe
        forbid_file
        one_time
        skip_syntax_errors
        headers_remove = "Resent-From:Resent-To:Resent-Subject:\
                          Resent-Dats:X-Sender"
        headers_add = "Precedence: bulk"
        errors_to = whatsnew-bounce@???

At the top of the config file is:

freeze_tell_mailmaster
errors_address = ops@???
auto_thaw = 2h
rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s
remote_max_parallel = 5

It does deliver quite a few messages per queue pass, but the rest get
deferred because of the fork error. When it's got to the end of the list,
exim just sits around seemingly doing nothing and using all the CPU cycles
of the machine.

I'd expect it not to try and do 5 parallel deliveries because of the
serialize_hosts option on this domain on the transport it uses.

Thanks.

Scot.

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Scot Elliott wrote:
>
> > But why is it trying to spawn so many sub-processses? Does exim spawn a
> > new process to do the routing for each member of a list? ... and if it
> > does, is there a config option to limit the number it spawns? (I did look
> > but I can't find it in the manual...)
>
> It depends on your configuration. How are you sending this list to it?
> Is is as one message with an alias, or as lots of different messages?
> If the latter, perhaps you should inject them with "queue_only" (-odq)
> so that each one doesn't try to spawn a delivery process.
>
> If the former, it shouldn't be running more processes than the number
> set in remote_max_parallel.
>

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Scot Elliott                                    Mobile: +44 (0)7050 126045
Work:   scot@???, scot@???             +44 (0)171 479 4482
Play:   scot@???, scot@???, s@cx     +44 (0)181 896 1019
Public key available at:   http://www.poptart.org/pgpkey.html
Fingerprint: FCAE9ED3A234FEB59F8C7F9DDD112D