Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Scot Elliott
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Large mailing list failure
Yeah - could be out of memory - it is only a small machine.

But why is it trying to spawn so many sub-processses? Does exim spawn a
new process to do the routing for each member of a list? ... and if it
does, is there a config option to limit the number it spawns? (I did look
but I can't find it in the manual...)

Thanks for your help

Scot Elliott

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Scot Elliott wrote:
>
> > Any ideas? What is out of space - the process table or
> > disk (which is not full)...?
>
> I suspect it is the swap space. That is what ENOMEM means for fork()
> usually.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

Scot Elliott                                    Mobile: +44 (0)7050 126045
Work:   scot@???, scot@???             +44 (0)171 479 4482
Play:   scot@???, scot@???, s@cx     +44 (0)181 896 1019
Public key available at:   http://www.poptart.org/pgpkey.html
Fingerprint: FCAE9ED3A234FEB59F8C7F9DDD112D