Re: [EXIM] 'trusted users'

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] 'trusted users'
Julian <julian@???> probably said:
> Current all email sent by these users is sent through exim - if they care to
> circumvent that and use smtp then that is a different issue which I am not

beside the point.

> attempting to address at the moment. I would like them to be able to set the
> from address on the command line like a trusted user (ideally) but only if
> the domain is the one that they are allowed to send mail from. I can kind
> of manage it by having a different config file per user, and perhaps even a
> different exim binary per user - but that is horrible!

if you want them to be able to send mail as any user in a domain, then they
or the process senging the mail has to be in the trusted user or group list.

if you make them trusted users (or set something up to go between the use
and exim, does the validity checking s[gu]id and passes it onto exim) and
want to limit them to which domains they can do this as, set up a rewrite
rule which looks up the user in a file and gets a domain that is valid for
them to send as, if this doesn't match, rewrite it to go to/from elsewhere.

I don't really know why you'd both, though, faking email is so easy if you
have a relay to use.

(I have myself as a trusted user and I edit my from line when I send mail
out if I want it to come from elsewhere).

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???