Re: [EXIM] LISA '98 Practicum talk on MTAs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Tom
Cc: James FitzGibbon, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] LISA '98 Practicum talk on MTAs

tom@??? said:
} Well, considering VMailer has never been released yet, and has only
} been seen by a small number of people, with no idea when if ever it
} might be release, I'm surprised anyone took it seriously. It's called
} "vapourware", and it ain't just for Microsoft anymore.

Postfix (the official name for Vmailer) has had an extensive alpha test
period which has been mostly closed. There appear to be some serious
sized sites that have been running with it even in alpha.

I am impressed by Postfix - I think it will be very much the mailer to
watch in 99. Its underlying security model certainly knocks that of
sendmail, smail and exim into a cocked hat (qmail is also good although
there are probably some interesting trade offs between them).

Incidently, the similar MTA BOF session at SANE98 three weeks back didn't
happen - mainly because the PGP talk and other BOFs overran. I had
volunteered to take issues on exim, Wietse & Brad Knowles were going to
run the session.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]