[EXIM] Multiple domains - rewriting question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Quinlan
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Multiple domains - rewriting question
hi,
I have a client who has four domain names (parent company with four subsidaries) they want to have a single namespace across the four domains but be able to
send mail that appears to have come from each.

eg.
alan wants to be able to send mail as
alan@???
alan@???
alan@???
alan@???

and have any replies to any domain sent to him.

what i've been pondering is whether I could setup a rewriting rule that
would use the Reply-To: to determine which domain the user would like to appear to be sending from.

i'm not sure whether i'd need to rewrite the domain on incoming mail, just as long as exim knows its the mail server for each domain it should deliver the mail to the user specified (is that right?)

I have NFI how the rewriting stuff works (i've been trying to follow the exim spec, i'm getting there)

so is this possible ?

thanks in advance,

--
Daniel Quinlan                     daniel@???
Netwise Australia                  0417 677 377