Re: [EXIM] Another test release

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Sheldon Hearn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Another test release
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Thanks for your comments. If you mentioned everything that concerns
> you about the port, it might be up to your standards. Note that it
> installs the configure file as configure.sample and pops an exim.sh
> into ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d .

Doesn't it install a configure file as `configure' if one doesn't
already exist? This would make it easier for first-time users.

> This makes it less work to "switch exim on", without shooting
> first-time installers in the foot prematurely.

One thing which might confuse them is that when they reboot it will try
to start both an exim daemon and the sendmail daemon. One way to fix
that would be some ugliness involving [s]ed and /etc/rc.conf. Perhaps
it would be nice as a seperate target in the makefile, something ``make
disable-sendmail'' so it doesn't do it automatically. (I'm not sure I'd
want a port modifying /etc/rc.conf without telling me first.)

(Or does the installation replace /usr/sbin/sendmail with a symlink to
the exim binary? If it did, the etc/rc.d/exim.sh wouldn't be needed,
since it would get started by the normal sendmail startup process.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@???

send a blank message to ben+pgp@??? for PGP key