Re: [EXIM] Can't find something in the docs...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee Bradshaw
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Can't find something in the docs...
On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 11:02:29AM -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> I need some help finding a needle in a hay stack.
>
> Somewhere in the Exim documentation, there's a brief mention of a style of
> header (or return address?) used for mailing lists such that bounced
> messages can be correctly returned to the sender; I'm looking for that
> reference and can't for the life of me find it.

If I send something to a list, I don't want or care about bounces. I'd
prefer the list administrator handle them directly. If I get a bounce,
the only useful thing I can do with it is forward it to the list admin
anyway. I don't know if there is a way to do this; it's just what I
would prefer as a list user.

Some list readers may prefer to remain anonymous. They may not like it
if their isp has problems and bounces mail back to the sender instead of
the list admin.

That said, I have gotten bounces from most of the lists I have posted
to.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@??? (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@???