[EXIM] "full virtualization"?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lutz Pressler
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] "full virtualization"?
Hello,

we're using Exim here on our mail hub for multiple customers. Because
of different reasons, including some aspects of accounting, distinct
IP addresses per customer are used for incoming and outgoing SMTP
connections. This is implemented by starting multiple instances of the
Exim daemon with different config files and using the "local_interfaces"
and "interface" options. This works ok - but obviously is not the
best solution with regard to scaling.
What I would like to see is for Exim to remember the connected local
address for remotely queued messages within the spool header file and
then have a special value for the SMTP transports' interface option
which tells it to use that (or even the result of a lookup operation)
as the source address.
In principle this should not be difficult to do, I think. The more
complicated part will be the code that reuses SMTP connections to the
same destination which has to differentiate by source address now, too.
What does it do at the moment if multiple SMTP transports with different
"interface" options are used? Have not looked yet.

What do you think, Philip? Is it a reasonable idea? Should I start working
on a patch?
It is not possible with the current version, is it? If I think about it..
maybe it could be with extra files. I will look through the spec again.

Lutz

--
  _              |  Lutz Pressler          |  Tel: ++49-551-3700002
 |_     |\ |     |  Service Network GmbH   |  FAX: ++49-551-3700009