Re: [EXIM] Exim filter "vacation" command clarification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gwen Pettigrew
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim filter "vacation" command clarification
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Gwen Pettigrew wrote:

> Hi Exim fans,
>
> I am a bit confused as to the behaviour of the "vacation" command in a personal
> filter. Perhaps someone could clarify this for me.
>
> I have set up the the following filter
>
> # Exim filter     <--- remove at your own peril
> deliver "test1@???"
> save /var/spool/mail/test2
> vacation expand file /localhome/test2/vacation

> It works very well. However if the same sender sends several messages only the
> first message sent gets the vacation message in reply. Is this the correct
> behaviour in exim? And can I turn it off so it behaves like the traditional UNIX
> type "vacation" command ( ie for every message received a vacation message is
> returned)?

(1) I don't think that's the traditional behaviour of the UNIX
"vacation", which only sends one message to a given user (but maybe some
versions repeat after a given interval, e.g. a week).

(2) "vacation" in an Exim filter is just a shorthand for

  mail
    expand file .vacation.msg
    log         .vacation.log
    once        .vacation

If you want a message to be sent every time, you need to use the "mail"
command without the "once" option.

(3) You should put

if error_message then finish endif

as the first command of of your filter file (or at least before the
vacation bit). You don't want it trying to send vacation messages to
error delivery reports.