著者: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Logging deliveries
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Frank Elsner wrote:

> as you may already know a successful delivery is written to the exim_mainlog
> as follows, broken into several lines for better readability:
>
> 1998-12-04 10:18:45 0zlrNs-0001UN-00 \
> => XXXXXXXX@??? <XXXXXXXX@???> R=...
>             ^-A                               ^-B

> As you also may already know both logged addreses (A and B) only differ
> in the case and therefore the question raises:
>
> Is it really necessary to log both forms ?
> And, if it is necessary, why ?

I do not believe it is necessary. However, it would be necessary if the
difference in case was in the local parts, because local parts are (in
the RFCs) case sensitive. That is, X@domain and x@domain *could* be
different addresses - though in practice I have never heard of a case
where they are.

Currently, the comparision that is obeyed to determine whether to
display the original address is done casefully on the whole address. I
will see if I can find an easy way to do the comparison casefully on the
local part, and caselessly on the domain. This isn't as easy as it might
appears, owing to the existence of source-routed addresses like

@domain1:@domain2,local-part@domain3