Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)
> If you run Exim as root, you are letting a root program talk to anybody
> who cares to telnet to your port 25 - unless you have routers
> controlling who can do that. Even so, I wouldn't be happy myself.

I agree for the general case, but in my case, the mail store servers are
almost isolated from the rest. All they accept are connections from the
POP3 proxies and from the input queues. There is not even inetd running,
just sshd, exim and the POP3 daemon.

About Exim being used for high volume systems: Yes, it works indeed
fine for that purpose at various sites, because of its queue structure
with only three files and the configurability.

Michael