Request (was [EXIM] POP)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Julian
Para: exim-users
Tópicos Antigos: [EXIM] POP
Assunto: Request (was [EXIM] POP)

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm new to this list, and just about checking out the possibilities to use
> EXIM
> as a mailer in my network. I see that virtual domains with extra userfiles
> are possible, which is one of the prerequisites. My question is, is there
> also
> a POPper that my users can use, that uses accounts based on the virtual
> domains and domain user files in the form of username%domainname, or
> even better a unique user-id referring to a set of those addresses, which
> can be used without setting up _real_ users on the machine?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ollie

There are several pop daemons out there, but I'd actually like to make a
kind of request - How about a pop/imap daemon to go with EXIM, you know
exipop and eximap - as part of the package. They may even be aware at
compile time of what format your are planning on storing your mailbox in..

It would be quite nice to have a more complete package. Although I admit
that there purpose is very much separate to exim, I have little doubt that
there are areas of integration that could work quite well. Not to mention
the fact that every pop daemon out there appears to have (had) buffer overrun
problems with significant security implications.

Oh, and given how much Cambridge uses pop/imap on Hermes I am sure they'd
like a 'personalised' version too. :-)

Just a thought...

Julian