著者: Philip Hazel
To: D.M.Chapman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Bouncing mail > users quota?
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, D.M.Chapman wrote:

> We have a slight problem this year with users emailing massive files to
> each other which then get stuck in the queue for days with no hope of
> ever being delivered. What I would like to do is bounce any email that is
> larger than the recipients disk quota immediatly with a suitable error.

You want to set up a retry item of the form

*@your.domain        quota

Then any delivery that fails with a quota error gets bounced
immediately. What we do here is in fact slightly different:

*@your.domain        quota_7d
*@your.domain        quota       F,2h,15m; F,3d,1h

This bounces immediately if over quota and the mailbox hasn't been read
for 7 days. Otherwise it retries for a bit. Actually, I think 3 days is
a bit generous, but of course you can change the numbers.

I realize that this isn't quite the facility you wanted. It would be
even nicer to bounce messages that are bigger than the user's quota -
and so could never be delivered - immediately, while trying smaller ones
for a bit in case the user empties the mailbox.

> I really want to use the system quotas but an extra user -> quota database
> would be acceptable I guess...

It would be easy to set up a director that used a "condition" option to
check the message's size against a user database and then bounce it,
except for the fact that the string expansion facilities don't include
numeric comparisons. I really must do something about that, I think.

I can't see a way of doing that without a database, because without it
you can't tell if the message would ever fit.