Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Karsten Thygesen
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?
On 30 Nov 1998, Karsten Thygesen wrote:

> It seems (from reading accept.c) that exim is using the bfree ffree
> vfstat entries. Is that the right way to do it? The favail and bavail
> returns the files/space available *to non root users*

Exim is indeed normally not running as root when receiving a message
(though some sites do run it as root). Would any body else on the list
care to comment on whether favail/bavail should be used? Are they
standard fields that are available in all the OS Exim supports?

> Well - OK - perhaps a clearification in the docs would help?

I will point out that those options apply to SPOOL_DIRECTORY.

> And second, then I would like to submit a request for an option to
> check for free diskspace in the /var/mail spool^H^H^H^H^H partition
> :-)

Where mail is delivered is not a single special partition in Exim. You
could have lots of different partitions in use. The only possible
specification would have to be something messy like

check_partition_space = 100M/partition1 : 200M/partition2 : ...

and I'm not sure how helpful that really is, even with just one
partition. You are wanting to shut down the processing of *any* mail
when the partition into which local deliveries are made gets full.
Messages that don't have local deliveries, or messages to local users
that get forwarded somewhere else are not going to use space in that
partition, so why block them?